What To Expect At Our Studios
What can you expect from your first visit to our Waxing Buddy Johannesburg or Cape Town studios?
The best way to explain what to expect, is to explain what not to expect from your first visit to Waxing Buddy. Waxing Buddy Johannesburg and Cape Town is not a spa and you are not going to be pampered by a female therapist, and you are not going to listen to pan flute spa music. After your treatment the therapist is not going to sell you skin products you don’t need, and you are not going to feel uncomfortable standing with your bum in the air in front of a female therapist to have your hair removed. We do not have waiting rooms, so please be on time for your appointment.
Having said all of the above, lets look at what you can expect from your visit.
When you arrive you will be asked to complete a client intake and consent document. This document is for us to be aware of any medical conditions you might have, and we will never bombard you with spam emails or messages. After you’ve filled out the document, you will be taken to the treatment room where you will be asked to remove the clothing of the area you want waxed. The area will be treated with a pre-waxing lotion to strip the hair from any oil and to ensure the wax adhere to the hair immediately. After the area is waxed, the therapist will apply an after-wax lotion, to soothe the skin and remove any stickiness.
So, what type of treatment can Waxing Buddy Johannesburg or Cape Town help you with?
Arm, leg, back, chest, nose, ear, eyebrow, hand, feet and shoulder waxing are popular, straightforward treatments at our studios and the hair will be removed using strip or hot wax. Our Brazilian, manzilian, boyzilian and hollywood wax treatments, are for when you want to say goodbye to all your hair (shaft, sack, and pubic). These treatments will leave you completely soft, smooth and clean. During a treatment you will be asked by the therapist to help keep the skin tight to improve the comfort of the waxing process. Bikini or Speedo waxing is common for first-time clients who want to eradicate any hair peeking out of their underwear line. These treatments may also include touch-ups under the belly button or on the upper thighs.
Now it is more clear why it is better to have a male therapist. Imagine having to stand on all fours with your bum in the air having your pubic hair removed by a female… Awkward!
Please remember to bring along loose-fitting clothing to wear after your wax treatment. Some clients prefer to drink a pain pill 30 minutes before a waxing treatment, but it is not necessary.
Let’s look at what happens after your waxing session and what aftercare is required:
Keep the waxed area clean and dry for as long as you can after your treatment. Immediately after your wax, for at least 6 to 12 hours, try and stay away from swimming (chlorine or salt can irritate the area) and sauna or steam rooms. Please also do not use harsh soaps and shower gels on the waxed area. Try to exfoliate the area often, this will help new hair break through the skin, and reduce the risk of ingrown hairs. For intimate areas and under the arms, you can use baby powder to keep the skin dry. Try to get a good vitamin E cream like E45 to keep skin healthy and in a good condition, and invest in a good exfoliating mitt or loofa. Lastly, please do not tan the area directly after your wax.
Please make sure your personal hygiene is up to standard before your treatment. If you are unsure, please request a shower before your treatment, to avoid any complications.
Waxing Buddy’s therapists are all male, and we cannot and will never work on any underage individuals. If you are underage, please bring your parent or guardian along.
Please inform your therapist if you are:
Our Client Loyalty Programme
At Waxing Buddy Cape Town and Johannesburg, we believe in providing our clients with excellent service, and for clients that support us regularly we offer a client loyalty programme.
How It Works
If you book your first wax treatment at one of our studios, you will pay the full price for the treatment as advertised on our pricelist. If you are interested in joining our client loyalty programme, please ask your therapist for the application document. When you book your next wax, massage or trimming treatment with us, within your wax cycle (4 – 5 weeks after your previous session), you will receive a 10% discount for the treatment. Should you complete 5 wax treatment sessions with us (not at any time exceeding the 4 – 5 weeks), you will receive 40% discount for your 6th treatment. As part of our loyalty programme, you will also receive further special discounts on your birthday. .
Please note you need to apply if you would like to be part of our client loyalty programme.
Fine print and important things to remember:
- You need to apply for the client loyalty programme. No application = no discount.
- If you only want to wax your legs during your first appointment, but at your second appointment you want to wax your legs and chest, you will pay the full price for the chest treatment, and the leg treatment will receive the discount.
- To qualify for the discount, you need to stay within your wax cycle. If you exceed the 4 – 5 weeks between waxes, you will be charged the full price upon your next visit.
- Discounts and treatments cannot be transferred to another client.
- Appointments need to be made well in advance to ensure you stay within your cycle. Remember we are busy, so please ensure your booking falls within your cycle.
- For every session booked, a client treatment card will be completed and filed for record purposes
Become A Brand Ambassador
At Waxing Buddy, we are always looking at ways to grow and increase our client base. The ambassador programme is for influential individuals that can refer friends or family to us. By doing this, you can earn discounted wax treatments.
Like with everything in life, there is fine print:
- You need to be a regular client of Waxing Buddy Cape Town or Johannesburg, and you need to be registered with our client loyalty programme and stay within your wax cycle to be an ambassador.
- You need to send us the details of the person you are referring before this person makes contact with us, or you can even make the appointment on their behalf.
- Credits will be allocated to your file once the appointment is completed.
- Credits cannot be exchanged for cash and can only be used to pay for your treatments or to buy gift vouchers.
- You will receive 15% of the cost of your referrals’ first treatment as credit on your account and on all treatments following the first visit, you will receive 5%.
If you are a sales-driven, energetic person and feel that you would like to become a booking agent for Waxing Buddy Cape Town, please set up a meeting with us, so we can view your proposal. We offer an excellent commission structure.